We met up with Kristie and her pup, Gigi, last week at the Village of West Clay for their mini session! It was great to see Kristie again and to meet her furbaby. Gigi was SO excited to get photos taken! She kept posing perfectly for me, it was adorable! Thanks for a fun time ladies!
We met up with this sweet family for their yearly mini session last week at The Village of West Clay and we had so much fun with them!! The kids were cracking up, tickling each other, and making each other laugh the whole time, I LOVED it!! It’s nice to see siblings that get along and genuinely adore each other’s company. Thanks for a fun time you guys!
Yesterday we photographed this sweet couple’s engagement session at the Village of West Clay! They are SO adorably cute together and SO photogenic! Not to mention, it was a gorgeous day for photos. The backlighting was just perfect and they were complete naturals. We had so much fun with them and we can’t wait for their wedding next year!! Thanks for a great time you guys!
It’s always an honor when one of your industry friends hires you to photograph their wedding, but this one was extra special for us! Kirsten and I have been friends for several years now, we’ve worked many events together and we share a mutual love for our furbabies so when she told me that Eliott proposed, I was SO excited for her and I KNEW that her wedding would be amazing! Of course, they just happened to get married on International Cat Day, so that was even more perfect for them! 😉 The weather was beautiful last weekend and Kirsten looked STUNNING! Her dress, hair, make-up, flowers – everything was gorgeous! My favorite part was Eliott seeing her in her dress for the first time. His reaction was epic!
They had so many gorgeous details that day…the cake, decor, drapery, flowers, engraved cake knives, sprigs tucked into napkin folds, they thought of everything! To top it off, we had a beautiful sunset after dinner and her dad surprised them with an Antique car for their exit. (It only makes sense to have a cool car at an Andretti wedding, right?!) 😉 We got to work with so many vendor friends that day, it was an awesome wedding! Thanks Kirsten & Eliott for choosing us to capture your special day. Enjoy your teasers!
Bridal gown: https://mariegabrielcouture.com/
Bridesmaid dresses: https://www.azazie.com/
Officiant: Mary Elaine Moore
Rehearsal dinner: https://rathskeller.com/
In her words…
1. How did he propose? “Eliott orchestrated a shopping date with me and my work girls so he could prepare our house for the proposal. They took me out for a few hours and I honestly didn’t think anything of it. The girls took me home and when I entered the door there was a trail of pink rose petals leading into a heart shape where Eliott was standing. When I got to him, I saw our family in the living room and our friends in the kitchen. He got down on one knee and finally proposed after 6 years.”
2. What was your favorite wedding moment? “My favorite moment was the reading of our vows. I knew that was going to be an emotional time but I never imagined it to happen as it did.”
3. What was his favorite wedding moment? “Eliott’s favorite moment was when we were introduced into the reception as man and wife. Coming out and seeing all of our loved ones caused us both to have an out of body experience.”
4. What was the funniest wedding moment? “The Best Man, Hunter’s speech, particularly the part where Hunter disses Eliott saying he used to be ‘Draco if he had been born a Weasley’ due to his long hair when they were younger.”
5. What was your first dance song? “Tiny Dancer” the Ben Folds version
6. What advice would you give to future couples? “The main advice I would give to future couples is to trust your vendors and to be flexible. Things are going to change constantly and you have to be able to prioritize what is truly important and know your vendors are there to make your day happen! Treat everyone with respect and your day will work out exactly as it was meant to!”